Friday, January 29, 2010

In the Hallamshire I was seen by Dr Burns in the early hours of the morning, lots of tests carried out including lights in the eyes, reflex's and it was at this point I noticed the lack of sensitivity to pin pricks on my left side and the same problem with feeling cold things. Dr Burns then explains it is a life changing event not just some sort of funny turn. At this point I also had my NG tube fitted it took 3 goes and then a chest x ray to confirm it was in the right location. I also had a saline drip attached to my left arm. CT scan and MRI scan then follow and I'm moved to the acute stroke ward L1 and the conclusion is a right vertebral artery dissection has resulted in a right lateral medullary infarct! .

Thinking back I reckon I did the damage earlier in the week with an awkward fall that jarred my neck, I then had a few headaches above my right eye over the week along with some neck pain on the same side which I put down to some work I was doing on spreadsheets. Then being upside down and twisting my neck on the problem at The Works caused the clot.

I cant walk, swallow, my left side feels odd, and my voice sounds strange ( wet sounding as I cant swallow my own saliva, lovely!) and most of all I feel exhausted. I remember thinking at this point first of all I'll get my swallowing sorted then I'll concentrate on starting to walk again . .

No comments:

Post a Comment