Tuesday, February 23, 2010


Did a test this morning that involved putting small pegs in small holes then taking them out again against a stopwatch. Unsurprisingly my right hand was a few seconds quicker than my left hand! No problems there then.

Carol visited and remarked that my voice was sounding better and that I only cleared my throat once while she was there. She checked that I was doing the exercises correctly particularly the Shaker exercise, I have to make sure I’m working the correct muscles. The other positive comment was when I opened my mouth and went arrrh, not moving to the left quite as much perhaps? I’ve supplied a data key so hopefully I’ll get a copy of the video in the next few days.

My new consultant Dr Brain visited as well all very positive she wants to keep me in a while longer to make sure my swallow makes a speedy recovery. when I am allowed home she will still see me to make sure I get back my previous fitness, no rushing allowed I need to do these things slowly. Autumn on the Grit then?

Do you think Dr Brain changed her name when she became a neurologist or was being called Brain the reason for her taking up this branch of medicine or maybe she sought out a Mr Brain to marry?

Visitors Karin, Ian and Dave Cladsby who brought me cycling p0rn

Its started to snow again

Karin and the kids turn up for an evening visiting to beat me at Dominos, we were also joined by Chris and Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment