Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Appointment with my Consultant today. Another long chat about how things are going and positive news in that although I feel I've had a bit of a set back in the last couple of weeks I should still see improvements beyond the six months target I'd been thinking. It was also felt that I could start some upper body exercise at the heavy workshop but no pull ups or climbing just yet. Still no idea what is causing the discomfort in my stomach so I'll keep some notes on when its worse, to try and pin down what the problem is. If its just odd nerve sensation then there are drugs I can take to address the changed sensation, if its damage caused by the NG tube then I'm on the correct drugs for sorting that out. Further discussions with the GP needed on this one. Forgot to ask about swimming but with the approval for upper body exercise I'd have thought it OK when I'm feeling a little less tired now my swallowing has improved.
For the time being I just need to take things steady, and look back a little further than just the last few weeks to see the massive improvements I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment