Saturday, May 29, 2010

ey up me duck


Dan had volunteered to help the canoe club this morning with marshalling 1000+ plastic ducks on the Derwent. A miserable wet morning and I got roped in to team up in a canoe with Dan. However there was a little mix up with the communication of the times of the event and after paddling down to Cathedral Green for an expected start of 11am we were told the race didn't start until 2pm ! So it was back up stream to Darley Barn for a cup of tea and a new plan. In the end Dan ended up in a Kayak and as Dan didn't trust me in a boat by myself I got to help out in the Canoe. It was a little touch and go, if the wind had picked up I'm sure the ducks would have all gone up stream, but with some coaxing we managed to get them to the finish.

Home for a warm bath then Dr Who followed by the Eurovision Song contest although I didn't manage to last out to the end and had an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment