Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stroke Group this afternoon was to discuss returning to driving and although I thought it wouldn't be relevant, it was still useful to check that I'd followed the correct procedure and didn't need to contact the DVLA. It was also good to find out that due to the Disability Discrimination Act it shouldn't effect my insurance premiums.

Next I had an appointment with Occupational Health which proved very useful. It seems I may now be entitled to disability leave rather than sick leave and I'll be entitled to 6 weeks of paid phased return. Its also recommended I extend it with annual leave that I've carried over to make sure I don't rush back too quickly. It also looks as if I may get an extra half hour for lunch to allow for my slow eating!

All this was very reassuring. If I'd been asked a few weeks ago I'd have said I'd be back at work by now on a phased return but this past two weeks have felt hard work, so it looks as if I may be off until July?



Dan was kayaking on the Derwent again tonight and took his first trip over the weir. I was quite jealous although it was a little cold last night, hopefully I'll be able to join in when the weather warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment