Monday, April 19, 2010

After walking Lottie to her work placement this morning, I pedalled back home on my Brompton before heading to the Heavy Workshop. Managed all my exercises except for the trampette and foam balance beam in the hour I had. I even had a go on the ladder attachment for the BTE.

Home visit from the Community Speech and Language Therapist this afternoon. After a quick update on my progress so far and a couple of viewings of the videoflouroscopy it was time for the swallowing tests. Syrupy fluids seemed to be ok and a small sip of plain water seemed to go down ok. As the follow up videoflouroscopy is only a couple of weeks away and its not possible to see exactly what is happening, it's suggested I keep turning my head and dropping my chin and only try normal fluids when I'm not tired. Then a couple of bites of buttered bread and I was upgraded to a soft diet. It looks as if I've already been on a soft diet for the last week or two but it's good to have someone confirm the improvements that I've felt. I just need to keep up the exercises for another couple of weeks and keep my fingers crossed for a successful video.

No comments:

Post a Comment