Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stroke Management Group this afternoon which involved a chat about causes and risk factors for strokes, much of the same stuff that I'd been reading on the Stroke Association website. Not much I can change with my life style to reduce the risks. I've never smoked, always exercised, had a reasonable diet (been mostly vegetarian for the past 25 years) never drank excessively (not had a drink since my stroke - but may start this weekend so brought home a unit calculator), I'm not Afro-Caribbean and there is not much I can do about being Male.

Also had a chat about medication and currently the thinking is for folk to stay on Dipyridamole/Asprin for a couple of years and Simvastatin indefinitely unless there are side effects. Something to discuss with my Consultant in a couple of weeks time.

Still feeling tired today so no Yoga or turbo training, a few of the others in the group seemed to have overdone it as well at the weekend and were having to take it easy, must have been the nice weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment