Thursday, October 21, 2010

Nipped down to Darley Park this morning to meet Radio Derby for a short piece on Geocaching.  Listen to Dan on his first outside broadcast on the BBC iPlayer its at about 1:10 on the Aleena Naylor show listen again.

There are some pictures on the web site as well.
 As the weather was so nice we then had a trip out to Robin Hoods Stride and Cratcliffe for a picnic and a boulder :-)

Started on the block at RHS where the easy arêtes seemed a good starting point for getting back onto the grit after a nine month break!  The harder left side of the arête took a few goes but I'm pulling an extra stone in weight.  Razor roof next and I came to a grinding halt with my hands on top unable to haul myself over so a rethink and some footwork was needed to see me over the top.  The Egg arête and cliff top rib both went first go so my balance seems to be OK.  Nothing too tricky but this seemed about enough for one day so I've a little to work on, but it was very good to be climbing again.


Altocumulus lenticularis

No comments:

Post a Comment