Friday, March 19, 2010

HOME

Chat with Zoltan this morning about the discomfort in my stomach and as it seems to be better and improving since the NG tube was removed, and didn't give me any problems yesterday, I'll be OK with out any investigation at the moment. If any problems occur in the future then I need to raise it with my GP and come back in. I'm then given the OK to go home :-)

A quick call to Karin and I start to pack. I seemed to have collected a lot of things over the last 51 days plus I'm given several boxes of food supplements as well. After lots of thank yous it takes 3 of us plus a wheelchair to take all my stuff down to the car.

I'm at home now doing my balancing exercises while Lottie does her physio, and writing lists of fork mashable food I'd like to eat. Mashed veggie sausage, beans and mash for tea with Jelly for pudding. More challenging from a swallowing point of view than the Hospital fork mash but very tasty.

I've a follow up appointment with Dr Brain in about six weeks, another videofluoroscopy on the 5 May, physio at the 'heavy workshop' hopefully next week, an appointment with my GP next Thursday and a visit from the Community Speech Therapists in the next few weeks. Lots of exercises to do in the meantime and a phone number to call for swallowing advise.

No comments:

Post a Comment