Tuesday, March 9, 2010


talk of fasting me over night is unfounded just random blood sugar tests. i can't feel a thing if they take the blood from the fingers on my left hand, one advantage.
The day starts with porridge and i manage two lots of orange juice, a shower, a listen to Plastic Beach on spotify and another blood sample before Carol arrives at 11.
After demonstrating my swallowing of Orange juice I'm upgraded to sips using a funny little cup with a cutaway that means you don't have to tip your head to far back, and its all very positive however I'm still feeling under pressure when my meal arrives and mess up almost straight away! however carol is very understanding and wants me to to keep a record of how much fluid and food I manage to eat in the next few days. She'll be back on Thursday with some Cake :-) No peg for the time being then, but i suspect most of my day will be taken up with sipping fluids to try and get 1500ml + down me to prove that i can do without the NG tube.

Karin, Lottie and Dan call in with more chewing gum for me and a couple of bottles of Rocks Organic squash to help with the fluid intake. They are off to Saltburn tomorrow for a few days well deserved break.

Looks like I'll be starved tonight and have a series of blood tests tomorrow plus a big glucose drink.

The picture shows the aftermath of tonights Veg Tikka Massal, Dhal and Mash :-)
plus 700ml of fluids and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment