Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today has been nice and quiet. Karin, Lottie and Dan are down in London for a long standing invitation to Covent Garden. Karin and Lottie at the Ballet and Dan looking round Tower Bridge. Lottie's highlight of the day is getting the autograph of Carlos Acosta.

All I've done today is prepare my own food and drink and hang out on the sofa with the dog but I'm still quite tired. Food highlight of the day is the plum crumble and custard delivered by Linda and Ellie.

Watched the live webcast of the Climbing Works International Climbing Festival CWICF which I surprisingly found entertaining, despite the sometimes annoying camera work. I'm not usually into watching other folk climbing indoors, but the mix of styles of problems and the skills of the competitors made it interesting viewing. I thought the handstand start for the problem in the men's final was genius. It looks as if the end of the corner where I had my stroke has been nicknamed 'Bennett's Corner' by the commentator, obviously an area of the wall to be careful on!

Anyway no climbing for me until June/July as instructed by Dr Brain so think I may try some Yoga and work on balance and flexibility whilst building up my stamina.

No comments:

Post a Comment