Tuesday, March 16, 2010


Two more patients leave today and they are quickly replaced by two more down from 410 just me and Alf seem to be here for the long haul?

Ward round today by Dr Brain confirms I'm still awaiting Carol's assessment before I get a discharge date and just one more blood test tomorrow.

Carol visits just after lunch and I'm upgraded to Fork Mash and 2 soft cakes per day and these don't need mashing up and mixing with water :-) I'm still on small sips of custard fluids but the suggestion is I'm likely to be discharged on Thursday or Friday! Yippee

The decision will be made at tomorrow mornings meeting. I'm booked in for another Videofloroscopy for the 5 May when hopefully I'll get the OK for normal fluids. I've a list of the sort of foods I can have and those to avoid, but basically if you can mash it into small soft lumps its OK and I have to avoid difficult textures such as crunchy, crumbly, hard or stringy foods unless of course its pureed.
I was really looking forward to my first fork mash meal but was disappointed that it looked the same as smooth, but at least I got to have rice pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment