Wednesday, March 3, 2010

lottie's Birthday


After taking some paracetamol last night I seem to have a good nights sleep. Karin, Lottie and Dan arrive at about 9.45 before I'm off my feed so that we can watch Lottie open her presents.
Carol turns up unexpectedly whilst I am being questioned by some final year medical students. After initially talking to me about a Peg she seems surprised by the progress I have made and orders me a smooth meal Salmon, peas and mash. this seems to go OK so the peg is put on hold again and I'm starting trials of 10tsp of smooth diet 3x a day plus 10tsp of custard consistency fluid throughout the day. Not sure about tea or coffee custard but the Hot chocolate may be OK. I've also got a whole new set of exercises plus special dispensation to have chewing gum! I still have a stinking headache but a chat with Dr Brain suggests this may be lack of fluids combined with changing of my meds, i need to give it a few more days to come accustomed to them if not they'll change me back.
Bet and Des visit and get to witness me trying to take paracetamol dissolved in water then thickened with Nutilis, think wallpaper paste yuk. They don't stay long!
Tonight's tea is I think fish, carrot and mash!

definitely exceeded the two visitor rule tonight! Karin, Lottie, Dan, Ian, Dave, Caroline, Hannah, Ian, Orla, Isobel, Kade, Linda, Ellie, Isaac, and Sean all turned up to wish Lottie a happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment